http://www.monitorlongisland.com/advertise

Main Menu
Monthly Donations

Please help support this site
Donations will be used to cover monthly web space
Thank You !!

Premium Membership
You are not a Premium Member

Why not sign up today and take advantage of premium benefits?
Benefits include:
  • shopping discounts
  • Web Controlled Radio
  • Immediate Access to Archived Audio
  • Ad Free Browsing

Please Click here for more info

Welcome Guest
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
 Currently Online (22)
There are 11990 members
Newest member: mjwaller

Last Visitors
 Members on Today: 4

Forums
W2LIE.net | Monitor Long Island, Inc. :: Forums :: Scanner Radio :: Long Island - Nassau
Moderators: w2lie, Chieftaz, BobLandau, quint14, LI_Scan_Guy, cwerner, DecodeUp
Go to page   <<        >>  

Nassau County EDACS

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>

Posted: Fri Oct 23 2015, 02:35am
Posted by: Darkstar350Posts: 811

The Fire talk groups seem to mainly be used during busy days/days with multiple house fires/mutual aid type situations but i do consider them worthwhile to have programmed in - What i dont know is exactly who or what departments have access to the 800mhz radios so i would assume more or less any dept. is PERMITTED to use those talkgroups if need be because anywhere i have seen said talk groups posted they are not listed as any particular department...

The Town Of North Hempstead Public Safety Dept most of the time uses their conventional channel that is shared with their public works department however they do have a talk group TGID 03-022 that they will use if the conventional system is under maintenance or during snow storms when the conventional channel is very busy with the snow plow operation

Old Westbury DPW and Massapequa Park DPW are active on the system and each have a few TG's to their name
Old Westbury
09-091
09-092
09-093
Massapequa
03-031
03-032
03-033

Attached is the log of iCall ID's that i tracked for the first half of this year(i have actually added to it a bit since and will post that soon also)

[ Edited Fri Oct 23 2015, 02:50am ]
Posted: Fri Oct 23 2015, 10:50am
Posted by: Nawton!Posts: 260

I used to hear Nice buses on iCall (mostly in the 5000s). Haven't heard them in quite a while. Am I missing something or have they gone somewhere else?
Posted: Fri Oct 23 2015, 12:26pm

Posted by: w2liePosts: 2824

User Buff Group ID
Old Display Name: w2lie
Your Admin
Premium Member Premium Member

Darkstar - any idea on what 04-046 is used for? It is very active, but I'm unable to put a location on it.
My best guess would be NC Jail.

[ Edited Fri Oct 23 2015, 12:34pm ]
Back to top Website MSN IM User Gallery Myspace Facebook YouTube Album
Posted: Fri Oct 23 2015, 07:47pm

Oddly enough i havent yet logged any iCalls that would point to Bus ops...

TGID 04-046 does suggest that it may have something to do with the jail as most of their TG's are in the 04-040 range - i actually havent seen that exact TG posted anywhere so ill plug it in and see what comes across
Posted: Wed Oct 28 2015, 05:13am

Posted by: PFD MikePosts: 447
Old Display Name: PFD Mike
Donating Member - 2008-2010

Darkstar

Each fire department was issued two 800 MHz radios on this system. They were also given for Haz Mat Decon teams (which is made up of resources from different fire departments.) The Tactical rescue departments were using "Firecom-1" for their incidents. All 9 Battalion EOC (Emergency Operation Centers) are also equipped for the system. You can hear activity from them during any major storm or large scale incidents.

The Fire Marshals are rarely heard on this system, they are primarily using a talk group on the county 500 MHz P25 system.

I hope that helps.

[ Edited Wed Oct 28 2015, 05:16am ]
Posted: Tue Nov 24 2015, 02:48am

^ Thank you for the insight PFD mike - i find it quite intresting that every dept. was indeed issued 800mhz radios at some point
As far as the Marshals - before the P25 system they had their own TG's on the 800 system however they still make use of the system just not on their old talkgroups
What comes to mind is when there was that chemical fire at Metco in westbury i heard someone say over the Marshals P25 TG "Do you have a 800 radio in that truck?" then i heard some operations on one of the "Firecom" or "Fire tac" talkgroups

I have been getting activity on TGID 04-046 but i cant pinpoint exactly who or where this is coming from - the only thing i can say for sure is that it is some facility that has a cafeteria of sorts because some of the comms that i heard was to do with deliveries of food and such
It may also be known as the "kitchen channel" because i think i also heard something along the lines of "unit xxxx calling unit yyyy on the kitchen channel"

[ Edited Tue Nov 24 2015, 02:58am ]
Posted: Tue Nov 24 2015, 03:53am

Posted by: PFD MikePosts: 447
Old Display Name: PFD Mike
Donating Member - 2008-2010

I'm pretty sure that the 04-xxx talk groups are the Sheriff and the jail.

The marshals are primarily on the P25 system, but I'm sure they still have the 800 radios.
Posted: Tue Nov 24 2015, 01:31pm

Posted by: w2liePosts: 2824

User Buff Group ID
Old Display Name: w2lie
Your Admin

Darkstar350 wrote ...
I have been getting activity on TGID 04-046 but i cant pinpoint exactly who or where this is coming from - the only thing i can say for sure is that it is some facility that has a cafeteria of sorts because some of the comms that i heard was to do with deliveries of food and such It may also be known as the "kitchen channel" because i think i also heard something along the lines of "unit xxxx calling unit yyyy on the kitchen channel"

See above:
w2lie wrote ...
Darkstar - any idea on what 04-046 is used for? It is very active, but I'm unable to put a location on it.
My best guess would be NC Jail.

[ Edited Tue Nov 24 2015, 01:32pm ]
Back to top Website MSN IM User Gallery Myspace Facebook YouTube Album
Posted: Tue Nov 24 2015, 05:55pm

yeah im almost positive that 04-046 would be a Jail maintenance channel also - however there is a talkgroup in the RR database 04-016 listed as "Jail maintenance and kitchen" - which is what i am thinking 04-046 would indicate but alot of the info thats out there regarding the EDACS system is probobly outdated from before it was rebanded

I guess the way to figure it out would be to monitor 04-016 as well as 04-046 and see if theres a difference or - if 04-016 is used at all...
Posted: Thu Jan 07 2016, 10:34pm

The Cedar Creek sewer plant seems to have disappeared from the system - i know there was talks about a private company takeover of Cedar Creek - not sure if that happend or has anything to do with this...

W2LIE.net Scanner Programming
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF