http://www.monitorlongisland.com/advertise

Main Menu
Monthly Donations

Please help support this site
Donations will be used to cover monthly web space
Thank You !!

Premium Membership
You are not a Premium Member

Why not sign up today and take advantage of premium benefits?
Benefits include:
  • shopping discounts
  • Web Controlled Radio
  • Immediate Access to Archived Audio
  • Ad Free Browsing

Please Click here for more info

Welcome Guest
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
 Currently Online (24)
There are 11990 members
Newest member: mjwaller

Last Visitors
 Members on Today: 4

Forums
W2LIE.net | Monitor Long Island, Inc. :: Forums :: Scanner Radio :: Long Island - General
Moderators: w2lie, Chieftaz, BobLandau, quint14, LI_Scan_Guy, cwerner, DecodeUp
Go to page   <<      

MRRS P25 System testing today

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>

Posted: Wed Jul 29 2020, 02:27am
Posted by: GTR8000Posts: 190

I was originally told that they were separate systems connected via an ISSI link, however a more recent document seems to suggest that both systems share the same core. Well, two cores, as it indicates that they have a primary and secondary core in different geographical locations for redundancy.

In any event, it seems we now have potential duplication with some of the talkgroups. I'm not within range of the Metro-25 cell, so I don't know if those MTAPD talkgroups are still valid on that site. We really need someone to monitor both systems, in particular in/around NYC, and see if some of the older Metro-25 talkgroups are no longer in use.

604 D MTAPD D1/2 Dispatch
9032 T MTAPD D1/2 Dispatch

6027 D MTAPD D6/7 Dispatch
9048 T MTAPD D6/7 Dispatch

Oh and of course the FDMA/TDMA mode of each. Last I saw the Metro-25 site is carrying TDMA traffic now, but only for the newer MTAPD talkgroups, while the original talkgroups were still FDMA.
Posted: Tue Mar 16 2021, 01:58pm
Posted by: Dave3825usPosts: 1219
Old Display Name: Dave
Premium Member Premium MemberJoined: Fri Mar 24 2006, 10:47pm

Is anyone watching this system using sdrtrunk with trunking recorder? Just curious, I have not set any aliases for any radio id's on this system but see in trunking recorder one is being displayed.
This is the first time I have seen this and it does not do it on any other tg or rid.

When ever rid 9980115 transmits, it shows as .621.9980115 in trunking recorder but not sdrtrunk.

Any thoughts? I would think if it was a weak signal or decode error it would be happening more
often and on other tg's. I also do not know if its sdrtrunk or trunking recorder.

[ Edited Tue Mar 16 2021, 01:59pm ]
Posted: Tue Mar 16 2021, 05:12pm

Ok, Maybe it has to do with patches or patched systems. Just happened on Suffolk County site 3 between Scpd tech services and East Hampton tech services. There was a conversation between both but the same rid was used throughout the call.

Posted: Tue Mar 16 2021, 05:16pm

Dave3825us wrote ...

Is anyone watching this system using sdrtrunk with trunking recorder? Just curious, I have not set any aliases for any radio id's on this system but see in trunking recorder one is being displayed.
This is the first time I have seen this and it does not do it on any other tg or rid.

When ever rid 9980115 transmits, it shows as .621.9980115 in trunking recorder but not sdrtrunk.

Any thoughts? I would think if it was a weak signal or decode error it would be happening more
often and on other tg's. I also do not know if its sdrtrunk or trunking recorder.

It's a bug, I've seen it before. I believe it was due to a bad import with Trunking Recorder, and I had to manually edit the SQLite database to clear them out. You could probably also just alias them in SDRTrunk to clean out the Trunking Recorder database next time they key up. Maybe just make the alias the subscriber ID if you don't have an actual alias to give them.
Posted: Tue Mar 16 2021, 06:02pm

I can alias the Mrrs radio for sure but not sure what to do with the Suffolk ones. It was the same rid throughout the conversation. It was on site 3 and thats the site East Hampton is seen on also. I had a feeling something was not being read and also had a feeling that you would be the one with an answer. Lol
Posted: Tue Mar 16 2021, 07:24pm

Ah, yup...I see what it is now. That prefix in the Source Label is the SysID of the other system in DEC value. Unfortunately, Denny loves to note everything in DEC even though a lot of P25 values should be in HEX, which makes a lot of stuff less obvious and often confusing.

.621.9980115 = SysID 26D (Metro25) and UID 9980115

.2431.4426100 = SysID 97F (East Hampton) and UID 4426100

Basically, it's showing you that one of the ID's is originating from the other SysID. In this case, MRRS and Metro-25 share a core, whilst Suffolk and East Hampton are linked via ISSI 8000.

As to why it's storing that in the Source Label field, that is a question for Denny and/or Jason (I'm not really sure which program is causing that).

And by the way, the system I saw the same behavior on was indeed MRRS. I never bothered to look into it further at the time, figured it was just a bug. Turns out it's actually a "feature"?
Posted: Tue Mar 16 2021, 10:29pm

What's interesting is that for me anyway, this happened on 2 different phase 2 systems and in both cases it was only on radios being used by radio techs.
Posted: Tue Mar 16 2021, 11:03pm

Well, it happened on two systems that are linked with other systems, whether that's Suffolk and East Hampton linked via ISSI 8000, or MRRS and Metro-25 linked by virtue of being on the same core. It really has nothing to do with Phase II. It's simply the SysID of the foreign system being passed through. That's not new, an APX will display the WACN/SysID of the foreign subscriber or system when those sorts of transmissions come through. I've just never noticed that SDRTrunk and/or Trunking Recorder actually pays attention to it.
Posted: Wed Mar 17 2021, 12:57am

"an APX will display the WACN/SysID of the foreign subscriber or system when those sorts of transmissions come through."

Is that any apx or just the ones in the hands of radio techs? I assigned alias tags to each and see what happens tomorrow if those rid's have any activity. .
Posted: Wed Mar 17 2021, 02:10am

I'm talking about any APX in general when it's operating on a network of linked P25 systems, whether that be via ISSI or by virtue of sharing the same core but having different SysID. The display will show the foreign system info along with the UID alias (or raw ID if no alias in the codeplug).

So if you're scanning MRRS 91FE8-26E and a transmission from the Troop NYC talkgroup comes across one of those cells, the APX will display 91FE8-26D along with the UID. Of course you can alias the foreign systems in the codeplug so that 91FE8-26D appears instead as "Metro-25". The same would be true for the Suffolk and East Hampton ASTRO 25 systems, whereby any transmissions coming across the ISSI to either system would indicate such on the subscriber's display.
W2LIE.net Scanner Programming
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF